Sunday, April 12, 2009

suppose we never fell in love

After some procrastination this morning, and despite an involuntary nap this afternoon, I successfully reread my entire manuscript for AN INCONVENIENT MARRIAGE today. You can read my full verdict on the romance blog; in general, I'm very pleased with what I have, but there are also some things, particularly in the first third of the book, that I really want to change. So, I intend to devote as much time as possible to that over the next 2-4 weeks; nothing that I want to change is altogether major, but it does involve tweaking/cutting/rewriting a handful of scenes, and these are all changes that I want to finish before I start submitting to agents again.

After I finished reading the book, I was too lazy to start rewriting immediately, and so I played around on the internet for an hour before progressing to my evening plans. Lauren (aka Subz) and Nathan had me over for dinner tonight, and I had a lovely time catching up with the two of them over a delicious spinach quiche, some white wine, and the added entertainment of Myla (Lauren's hyper, but not nearly as hyper as she was years ago, dog). I hadn't seen Lauren since before I went to Hawaii, and so much has changed on the job front for both of us, as well as on the book for me and on business school applications for her. So, catching up was all very nice, and was well worth the time that I took out of my hermitage to hang out with them.

Now, it's time for bed; I believe Felicia's coming over tomorrow morning, and then I intend to write for the rest of the day. Finally, happy birthday Aunt Becky! And happy Easter to all of you non-heathens out there...

No comments: