Wednesday, April 08, 2009

you ring just like a xylophone

Today was excellent despite my meetings. None of the meetings were bad and I actually had a couple of hours free, which was totally awesome. So there's nothing much to report on the work front, other than to lament my usual feeling of being behind. But after work, Heather, Tracy, Lisa and I went out for margaritas and pie -- our monthly-ish get-together at a local Mexican restaurant to drink margaritas, overeat, and gossip/catch-up outside of work. It was fantastic, and exactly what I needed; while I see them all the time (and in fact had had a meeting with them at 3pm today), seeing people outside of work is just a little bit different.

I made it home safely and intended to go to bed at nine because I'm an octogenarian trapped in the body of a twentysomething. But instead, I got sucked into the online world. As mentioned before, I'm setting up an alter ego for my romance novel, and so I've spent some time over the past couple of days setting up a Facebook profile and adding friends (which broke my heart -- my own brother turned down my friend request). I also announced to my online Golden Heart group that I'm changing my name, and I spent way too much time dealing with some major interface challenges with Yahoo Groups (I know I'm biased, but this was ridiculous). But most ridiculously of all, I started a Twitter account for my alter ego. You can follow me @ramseyromance; I'm still evaluating what types of info I want to share on twitter, Facebook, and my romance blog, and I think my writer personality will emerge over time, but the sooner I get started, the less daunting it will be later.

But, blogging about two completely different things on two completely different blogs is a bit difficult, and now my brain is fried. I'll try to keep going with the double blogs, but I leave you with this pic that Can Sar said me (which he prefaced by asking what it meant about both of us that he saw it and thought that I needed to see it):

No comments: