Friday, May 29, 2009

acclimatize but don't you lose the plot

For some reason, I have a serious stomachache -- it's ached off and on all day, which is not a good sign. As a result, you almost didn't get a post tonight, but it's been weeks and weeks since the last time I missed a night, so I decided to suck it up and keep my streak intact.

Other than the stomachache, today was nice. In my continued push to up my game, I dressed up, wearing a cute dress (#5 in the pictures below -- the pinstriped one) and silver heels. Dressing up really does make everything seem better, even when nothing else is going right. My meetings were all fine, and I snuck away in the middle of the day to have lunch with John, Katrina, and Govind. We ate in the cafe in the building that my team occupied a lifetime ago, which induced a strange spurt of nostalgia. We also discussed sex within the context of my romance novel, which is a v. popular topic these days; hopefully I'll sell the damn thing so that people can read the scenes and be done with it.

Even though it's not quite ten p.m., I'm going to read the latest edition of the Romance Writers of America magazine and go to bed. I meant to go to Stanford's Green Library tonight and research marriage and betrothal contracts in France and England, since Madeleine and Ferguson's story hinges on knowledge of the Regency-era legal system, but I couldn't summon the energy necessary to navigate the stacks. So sleeping tonight is key -- I need to do a lot of stuff around the apartment to make it more livable, I need to do laundry, and I need to take another look at Amelia and Malcolm's story while simultaneously continuing to plot/write Ferguson and Madeleine's. And a week from now, I'll be on my way to Iowa! Yay!

1 comment:

~Wamp said...

Gee, listen to the Killers much? I'm guessing they can safely be added to our "compromise music" list with Harvey Danger, Placebo, and Death Cab for Cutie. This will really add variety to our next cross country road trip!