Sunday, May 31, 2009

...

I can't think of a title tonight, but I'm not going to let it stop me. Stupidly, titles are one of the biggest reasons why I don't blog regularly on zee romance blog; using song lyrics for all titles on this blog prevents me from having to come up with a real, relevant title for every single post. But song titles won't work for the romance blog, and there are days when the idea of coming up with a title is just too much for my poor tired brain.

Much of today was rather meh; I answered email for my day job, made some chicken quesadillas (a bright spot, I must admit), did three loads of laundry, and took care of some other tings. I was in a bit of a funk, and I think it's because of the whole "Yay, I have an agent -- but there's so much farther to go before I become a wildly successful novelist" thing that I was struggling with yesterday.

The struggle continues, but luckily I recognized that brooding over this was not doing me any favors. So, I went to Coffee Bar and hung out with Katrina and Adit (and Omar, although he's a v. new addition to my crowd; he was at the wine bar that we went to last weekend, but whether he will become the first new friend I've made since Katrina a year and a half ago remains to be seen). Katrina and I arrived accidentally at exactly the same time and there wasn't room at Adit and Omar's table, so we sat by ourselves and caught up over a bag of fresh cherries that she had brought with her. It was all quite hysterical, and a welcome break from my brooding; I didn't even get my laptop out, and an hour with them was enough to put me in much better spirits.

Afterwards, I came home, talked to my parents, sent an email to my agent (I just love being able to say "my agent") about the edits I want to make before we start submitting to publishers, and started playing around with WordPress. At this point, though, I really must go to sleep; this week promises to be brutal. My boss and some other people are in town this week, which means I have dinner plans virtually every night, and I also have 7 or 7:30am meetings Tuesday-Friday. Ugh. But I leave for the glorious greenery of southern Iowa on Friday night! Here's hoping that I make it on the plane with everything necessary to enjoy myself (dresses, makeup, nail polish, the Kindle 2 that will arrive on Tuesday, and two laptops should cover it). Goodnight!

No comments: