Saturday, May 02, 2009

but you can never wrong this right

I am ready to throw in the towel so that I can get cracking on the book again tomorrow. I'm hoping to be done with the latest round of edits by this time tomorrow night, but only time will tell; it depends on whether I decide to add a whole 'nother scene, but I don't think I will. Then, it's back to querying with a vengeance.

Today was okay, albeit not stellar. I woke up later than I intended, and so didn't get much done before brunch with Shedletsky and Joanna -- I hadn't seen them in at least four months, so I felt like I should maintain my commitment to them. We went to The Grove on Fillmore -- it's the ultimate yuppie brunch place, and was quite crowded, but a good time was had nonetheless. After seeing them, I came home, canceled all remaining plans for the weekend due to an itchy, driving need to work on the book, and spent the rest of the afternoon/evening working.

The only non-book-related thing I did was procure ingredients for, make, and consume some totally delicious chicken tortilla soup. It was cold and rainy today and I was in the mood for soup, but not for my potato-leek standby, and so I pulled out the "Culinary Institute of America's Book of Soups" that I got for Christmas, and this is the recipe that I settled on. There was a bean soup (sort of an upscale version of my mom's traditional ham and beans that Michael and Katie both hate) that sounded appealing, but the tortilla soup appeared to be less effort. The only thing that sucked about the tortilla soup was that it had to be strained at the end to remove the pureed bits and pieces, which was kind of a pain; but once it was garnished with chicken, avocado, and tortilla strips, it was perfect. Better yet, I have leftovers for tomorrow, so there is no more cooking in my future for a couple of days at least.

Despite the fact that I'm theoretically a twenty-seven-year-old, I'm going to go to bed now; I'm wiped out on all things book related, and sleep will hopefully reset my drive so that I can plow through my to-do list tomorrow. Goodnight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey now! I love that soup, just not during Lent!