Wednesday, May 13, 2009

don't want no paper gangsta

It's eleven p.m. and I find that I have little left to say. I made it into work by 7:03am, was not thrilled to discover that our India counterparts (the reason why the meeting was at seven) had failed to appear, and then spilled tea all over the table and managed to drag my sleeve through it. Then I didn't hear a question and had to ask the person to repeat it, which was particularly embarrassing; usually when I'm only half paying attention, I'm still paying attention enough to hear questions, and this time I failed.

So, that was a particularly poor start to the day, but luckily it got a little better. I had a long lunch with Lisa, which was v. nice, and the rest of my meetings were okay. Alan, my former director, saw my hair tinsel, asked if he could touch it, and then asked me if it was a special Iowa thing to keep birds away, which was funny and offensive at the same time. And, I left a little before five; unfortunately, traffic sucked and so it took an hour and twenty minutes to get home, but at least I got here. I made some delicious veggie fajitas, ate them (of course), and then wrote two performance reviews for my team, which I have to deliver tomorrow.

Clearly work is taking over my life, which is a dangerous sign; I somehow need to get enough done in the next couple of days that I can spend the weekend working on the romance novel instead, but we'll see how far I can get. But right now the farthest I can get is to my bed, so goodnight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So I have a general question...not knowing the layout that well of CA...why do you live in SF but work in Mountain View? Why not live in MV or is it too suburban? Just a curious fan