Wednesday, May 20, 2009

i wish i could be as cool as you

This is a four-minute post. I should have gone to bed an hour and a half ago when the mood struck me, but at least I'm sort of caught up on emails. The unfortunate thing is that I have a seven a.m. meeting tomorrow that is going to give me a massive headache -- I'm trying to be a "player" and remember that it's my responsibility to compromise and behave well, but it's hard when I really just want to come down hard on something and block it from ever happening. Sigh -- there are times when I think I would have it easier if I hadn't trained myself out of some of my more brutal tendencies. But then I remember that I wouldn't have any friends, and I kind of like having friends (even if I never see them), so I suppose my carefully-cultivated weakness is worth it.

Today was great; I had meetings all day, but I had a ninety-minute break to go out for lunch with my management team. Even though we get free gourmet food, we decided to go to downtown Mountain View and have lunch at Cascal; they have amazing paella, and our other tapas-style things were good, so I'm glad we went. I managed to wrap stuff up by 5:45, then I went to the gym, and then I did some more stuff around the office before coming home. I was greeted by another box from Zappos -- similarly to last time, one pair worked and one pair totally didn't, so there are some returns in my future.

Tomorrow should be great; I'm working in the morning, and then going to Stanford in the afternoon. I can't wait -- but if I'm going to stay awake for it all, it's time for bed!

But finally, I forgot to mention -- yesterday was Uncle Mark's birthday! Happy birthday! And today is Salim's birthday, so hopefully he had a good one too.

No comments: