Sunday, May 24, 2009

just dance

I'm exhausted, so this will be v. brief. I had a fabulous day; I spent the morning unwinding over my favorite brunch at Samovar, where I brainstormed some questions to ask my prospective agent while drinking a delicious masala chai and eating quiche and scones. Fueled by my carb overload, I went shopping and bought way too many awesome summer dresses (or, as I prefer to call them, frocks). I've been in a dress mood lately -- it goes back to my whole desire to up my game and improve my image, given that I feel better about myself and somehow more energized when I'm dressed up. So I did my part to stimulate the economy; I'm sure Sephora misses me, since I haven't been there in over a month, but I made the people at MaxStudio very happy.

I spent the afternoon going through paperwork, filing stuff, and taking a nap before getting ready to go to the glorious south bay for dinner with some of my oldest college friends. Adit and I drove down together, and had dinner with Javier, Oniel, Chris, Connie, Zach, and a few other people -- Chris, Connie, and Zach are all in town for a wedding that Jav, Oniel, Adit and I aren't invited to, but it was nice to be able to catch up with them while they're out here. We hung out at the Mexican place from 8-10, then went to this ridiculous bar/greasy food place in Mountain View until midnight. I dropped Adit off at another party on the way home (he warned me that I'm going to have to start drinking more when I move in with him, which my liver is getting geared up for), but I couldn't rally to go to it -- starting my drinking at 1am is never a good idea, and I intend to go out tomorrow night anyway.

So that's the brief strokes; I need to accomplish a lot tomorrow because I don't want to have to do anything on Monday, and my flight for Ann Arbor (or rather, Detroit) leaves Monday night. Goodnight!

No comments: