Monday, May 25, 2009

Possible Dresses - Round One

I need to pick out a dress for Aunt Becky's wedding, and since I don't want to bring all of them but can't see what my relatives are wearing, let's put it to a vote!

The first dress is definitely too formal for a summer wedding; it's the dress I plan to wear to the Golden Heart award ceremony in Washington, D.C. I just wanted to show it off :)

I love the teal dress and plan to wear it to a cocktail party at the RWA convention -- I want to wear it to the wedding, but don't want to be too fancy (although I hear my cousin's desire to wear shorts was overruled, so perhaps it would work).

The black dress looks awesome with my new fuchsia heels, but the heels will not feel awesome sinking into the lawn at the Round Barn, so I may have to improvise footwear.

 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

f...... said...

Any one of the dresses would be absolutely gorgeous -- so I won't be any help at the vote. I will say that if you really want to wear those fuchsia heels in the grass, you might try these little high heel savers that claim to keep you unstuck and looking fab.

Mahin said...

i love the teal!

Anonymous said...

i love the teal. i'm assuming it cuts slightly below the knee, which would be perfect. if you go with one of the grey - i'd go with #7 as it looks like it has a wider band, which would accentuate the smallest part of you (below the bust). you can't wear black to a summer wedding, especially not a long all-black maxidress! take pictures of you at the wedding in whatever dress you choose - i'm sure you'll look fantastic in any case! - tz

Sara said...

@felicia - those high heel saver things are crazy!

@mahin - thanks!

@tz - I know I can't wear an all-black maxidress to a wedding, but apparently black and navy are the colors of choice in my family's wedding outfit choices. Totally strange, since we actually like aunt bridezilla's fiance, but that's the way it goes. I will definitely take pictures :)