Saturday, June 06, 2009

before he speak his suit bespoke

I made it to Iowa, but just barely. My flight out of San Francisco was delayed by over seventy-five minutes, and so rather than having a nearly two-hour-long layover in which to find breakfast, wash my face, and do my makeup, I didn't get off the first plane until the second one was already boarding, and I had to run to the other gate. This was not pleasant in moccasins, nor was I thrilled about my decision to bring both of my laptops home with me as I was lugging them across terminals, but I made it to the flight and was the last one to board. Even better, my luggage made it too, so all is well!

After my family picked me up, we had a quick breakfast, went to Target to pick up some essentials, and then played a round of minigolf. I don't know why I get excited about that game, since I almost always lose, but it was fun nonetheless. The conditions were not ideal -- the kid who was running the place had to use the leafblower on every single hole, and there were times when new flurries of leaves or an errant tree branch would get in your way and obscure your path. My mother won (congrats to her, I suppose), and then we came back to beautiful southern Iowa.

The rest of the day was uneventful; I took a nap, watched the Belmont, and then spent some time watching my parents' newest pair of kittens. I also got a tour of the continued improvements since I left (mostly landscaping and outdoors work, plus a great new downstairs kitchen), and I'm looking forward to spending some quality time with my manuscript on the porch over the next few days.

That's all you get -- I'm falling asleep in my papasan, which is not a good sign. Goodnight!

No comments: