Wednesday, June 03, 2009

but that was when i ruled the world

I really made a mistake by buying a Kindle. I should have known better. Within twelve hours of having it out of the box, I had already purchased four books. I need to check myself before I wreck myself!

But, I will say that the thing is totally awesome. On the way home from the office tonight, I read part of a short story, and I proceeded to finish the story and read another one before firmly setting the Kindle aside so that I could take care of a few things before bedtime. It's just as easy as reading a real live book, and the ability to carry a whole library in my purse is like a magical gift that I only dreamed of as a child. If this encourages me to read more, I'm all in favor of it, even if I can't figure out exactly where I will squeeze more reading time out of my already ridiculous schedule.

Today was fine; the first half was rather unhappy, mostly because I had to be at work at seven a.m., but after I did some venting to my boss, I felt strangely better. So the rest of the day was much improved over yesterday, and the end of the day was lovely -- we were working out of San Francisco today, and my boss, my co-lead, and I went out for dinner with our director, which was v. nice. And then I got on the bus and lost myself in my Kindle, and you know the rest.

Tomorrow promises to continue the brutality, with a lot of meetings between 7:30am and 5:30pm, and then hopefully I'll be able to do some packing tomorrow night. In forty-eight hours, I'll be getting ready to go to the airport for my flight back to Iowa! And you can bet your last dollar that my Kindle will be with me every step of the way. Goodnight!

1 comment:

joannb said...

i heart my kindle too! i read inconvenient marriage on it. :D