Wednesday, June 17, 2009

close your eyes, clear your heart...cut the cord

This is a four-minute post. Today was an action-packed day, starting with a disastrous eight a.m. meeting and continuing to be ridiculous throughout the day. But, I had a long lunch with John and Katrina, which was v. nice; I'm detoxing from Iowa, and so had a goat cheese sandwich and some watermelon while they ate a ton of delicious-looking Korean food. Then, I managed to get out of the office by six so that I could meet up with Vidius Chandicus (aka the Chandlord) for dinner. She's back in town for the apparently foreseeable future, and we had ramen in glorious downtown Mountain View while catching up on life. Somehow we both got so full that we needed to take a walk afterwards, and my suggestion of pearl milk tea was initially met with enthusiasm, but it slowly became clear as we drank it that we were both too uncomfortably full of ramen to really enjoy the tea or each other. So, we parted ways and I drove back to the evil city.

I'm turning into an oldie olderson, as evidenced by the fact that I snorted when Katrina asked if I would come to a party on Friday, and also as evidenced by the fact that it's 9:15pm and I'm going to go to bed right after this. But, I don't have a lot of choice; tomorrow promises to be just as ridiculous, and I haven't even started going through the 300+ emails I've gotten since vacation. Ugh. But there's enough time to stress about all that tomorrow; my four minutes are up, and it's time to sleep!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Snorted what?