Friday, June 26, 2009

don't go around breaking young girls' hearts

I had an excellent day, particularly since I didn't take my responsibilities too seriously. I slogged hard and fast for seven hours, then skipped out in the mid-afternoon to do some shopping. As I mentioned previously, I decided to restart my quest for the dress -- I thought that I had a dress for the award ceremony at the romance conference, but I reevaluated after taking a picture of it and realizing that bright lights completely change the look of the dress.

After less than an hour at Nordstrom, I met with success -- I now have a new dress (strapless, tea-length, A-line, royal blue) and two pairs of shoes (neither of which go with the dress -- one pair of silver flats, one pair of brown Cole Haan sandals that were almost half off). The shoe salesman said that I was his easiest customer all day -- I tend to be very decisive when buying shoes, and I usually know that I want them before asking the clerk to get the shoe for me, since I've usually tried it on on the floor thanks to the magic of sharing my foot size with the common display shoe size. By that time, it was only 4:30, and so I was able to make it back into the city without hitting completely awful traffic until the last three miles or so.

I spent some quality time on the phone with my parents, and then made myself some delicious veggie fajitas. I was going to be productive and write blurbs for my next two books tonight, but instead I wasted time playing on the internet. No more wasting time this weekend, though -- I need to come up with more title ideas for my agent, write the blurbs, and then make some serious progress on Madeleine and Ferguson's story, all while keeping the rest of my life in functioning order and doing some random stuff for the day job. No rest for the wicked, though -- and I leave for the romance conference in three weeks!

No comments: