Sunday, June 28, 2009

spin the record baby

My head hurts and I'm cranky -- it must be a Sunday night. I was quite productive today, despite my best attempts to sabotage myself, but it still wasn't enough to make me feel totally satisfied with the weekend. I wrote the blurbs for my next two books (you can see them at my new website - www.sararamsey.com - under the "books" dropdown menu) and sent them off to my agent. Even though they were less than a page each, they took all freaking day. It's really hard to write blurbs for books you haven't written yet, making them appealing enough that someone would sell the book but vague enough that the book will likely turn out to be something vaguely resembling the blurb. So, we'll see what the agent thinks; hopefully she'll like them, but my brain's so mushy right now that it's hard to tell whether they're any good.

I also kept brainstorming titles for my books, a task that is driving me mad. At some point I was trying to come up with as many words as possible that start with "s", but decided that this might not be the best approach when I came up with "Shear Me At Sunrise". While Malcolm is Scottish and there are plenty of jokes about sheep out there, I assure you that Amelia is a woman with no known hair-management issues, and so this title doesn't work. But, I sent her a list of possible titles too -- here's hoping she likes them!

Finally, I updated my romance blog (also now hosted at sararamsey.com). I bought a dayplanner and came up with ideas for posts for nearly every day in July -- whether I can stick to such a punishing schedule remains to be seen, but I am hopeful.

The one thing I didn't get to was anything related to my day job. This pretty much screws me for the week, but I shall survive. But even though it's still relatively early, I'm going to go to bed, and I will attempt to get up early tomorrow so that I can do some work before my 8am meeting. Wish me luck!

No comments: