Tuesday, June 30, 2009

were you born to resist or be abused?

This is a four-minute post so that I can write a post for the romance blog as well. I was extremely productive today on both professional fronts. I made it to work at 7:15am and slogged straight through to 5pm. However, I did have two glasses of champagne at noon to celebrate/mourn Pete's departure from our team, so the hours between noon and two p.m. may not have been the most useful hours ever. Anyway, I got tons of stuff done, and then relocated to Philz Coffee in downtown Palo Alto to work on romance novel stuff. Since Philz is next to the dry cleaner I used to use when I lived in that neighborhood, I decided to start going back to him -- and so I dropped off several dresses, made the dude feel good by telling him that I live in the city but had missed him, and so got a special 10% discount. Then, I sat on the lovely patio, drank my overpriced coffee, and reworked the blurbs that I wrote for the next two books.

I'm really happy with how they turned out, and I think I might be tantalizingly close to finalizing the new titles for the series. I sent everything over to my agent when I got home, ate some frozen enchiladas, and worked on the day job for the last hour. Now, though, I'm desperate for some sleep -- and I'm hoping to maintain my current relatively good mood despite the utterly stressful disaster that I expect the next few weeks to be. Goodnight!

No comments: