Friday, July 24, 2009

all we can do my love is hope we don't take this ship down

I'm embracing my hermitage and going to bed at ten p.m. on a Friday. This is mostly because I'm tired from the crazy few weeks I've had, anticipating a few more even crazier weeks, and completely unwilling to begin packing tonight. The packing absolutely positively must start tomorrow if I have any hope of being ready for Tuesday -- but for one last night, I want to pretend that I don't have to pack up all my worldly goods and haul them across town.

Work today was okay; I unfortunately still have a to-do list the length of my arm, but I said to hell with it all anyway and left around three to meet up with Vidius Chandicus for coffee in downtown Mountain View. It's quite lovely that she has returned to the area and my heart -- I was down a friend after Terry left, and Vidya has stepped in admirably to retake her rightful place in my friendship pantheon. She bought me a drink in honor of my recent Golden Heart success, and then we went to Target together so that I could pick up some cleaning-related items in preparation for my move. After we parted ways, I drove back to the evil city, sat in traffic for thirty minutes during the last four-mile approach to the city, and then took a nap. I ended the evening by eating takeout Chinese while watching Craig, and now I'm going to bed so that I can be super productive tomorrow. Wish me luck!

No comments: