Thursday, July 16, 2009

i wanna take a ride on your disco stick

The title has absolutely nothing to do with the content of this post, but that song is stuck in my head for some reason. I had an excellent day -- it started with a keynote by Janet Evanovich, followed by a meeting with my agent, followed by lunch with a speech by Linda Howard, followed by several workshops. Then, Terry arrived, fresh from her European adventure, and so we caught up over dinner at the hotel bar. We went to a cocktail party for current/former finalists, and made friends with a fellow finalist who was super cool. We ended up at the bar, but our energy started to flag around eleven, and so we're calling it a night.

The conference continues to amuse and delight, and there's two more days of it before the awards ceremony on Saturday night. I think I can survive -- but survival won't happen without sleep, so I'm going to bed. No need to check zee romance blog tonight -- I don't have the energy to update it, and so I'm taking the sage advice of many to ignore my social networking stuff for one night so that I can sleep and get as much as possible out of tomorrow. Whether this is a valid strategy remains to be seen, but given that I haven't sold yet, it seems like it makes sense. Goodnight!

No comments: