Wednesday, July 01, 2009

i've got so little left to lose that it feels just like i'm walking on broken glass

This is a four minute post. I made it to the office by seven a.m., *voluntarily* AND *wearing high heels*. What the hell is wrong with me?!

Of course, getting there early was good for my productivity but v. bad for my desire to stay awake in the afternoon. I slogged all day, although I took a few moments in the afternoon to kick off my heels, talk to my parents on my fancy wireless headset, and pack up most of my office. I'm switching offices tomorrow, and packing my office is always entertaining because it looks like a dollar store exploded all over everything. For context, I say that because my office is decorated by things like feather boas, random postcards, small toys, stress balls, confetti, and a Bon Jovi poster. If I ever get a job at a "real" company, I will have trouble adjusting.

After work, I got another overpriced coffee at Philz to fuel myself for the drive home, and then talked to my parents again, which was nice partially because it helped me to stay awake and alive. When I got home, I cleaned up around the apartment, did some administrative stuff, picked up and ate a chicken schwarma sandwich from the Moroccan place down the street, and then did some work work until now. Boo.

But, the good thing was that my agent loved the new titles and blurbs, and decided that my stuff was ready to send out today! So, the next phase of my publication odyssey has officially begun. You can check out the new blurbs under "Books" on my sararamsey.com website, and I'll keep you posted. But, four minutes are up and I need to write a romance post as well, so it's time for bed!

No comments: