Friday, July 31, 2009

that was cool but now and then i heard a rumor

I'm too tired to be blogging right now, but blog I must or my parents will fear the worst. I had an overall very good day -- I went over to Chandlord's in the morning and got rid of a bunch of junk, before making it to work just in time to start my daily gauntlet of meetings. I'm feeling pretty good today about where things are with the conference I'm planning; I'm going to have a whole shitload (pardon my language, but it's the most accurate word for this issue) of work to do in the next three weeks to make sure we're ready, but progress is progressing. But, the head of the department promised that we would have a margarita after the conference is over and discuss my career, so hopefully it goes well so that the discussion is positive and not a "we're sorry we have to let you go" conversation. Then, I had a long dinner with my fellow managers + my boss and another manager visiting from Ann Arbor + our new director, who just happened to be in India when I was there several years ago and was also the head of the temp program when I started my job, so it's been fun to have him back.

It's driving me a bit crazy that all my stuff is still boxed up -- and boxed up it will likely remain, given how much stuff I have to do for work. I still took an hour when I got home to unpack and reorganize some stuff, but then I had to work from 10:30pm until now, and I'm way too exhausted to keep going with this or anything else. So, goodnight!

No comments: