Wednesday, July 22, 2009

that's me with a gun

This is a four-minute post. Instead of genuine written content today, you get a few photos from my Washington, D.C. trip (below) -- primarily shots taken at the World War II Memorial. As I've written before, I found that memorial to be extremely moving -- if you ever go to DC, it's a must-see.

Today was a decent day, although I didn't get nearly enough done. I spent most of it putting out fires (and I get called on to put out some weird ones -- my favorite one today was when someone didn't line up anyone to be in charge of setting up the room in my office for a global videoconference, and asked me one minute before it was supposed to start to make sure the A/V was working properly -- I got it working, but it was a touchy few minutes). But, I left the office at six and went to Philz to write for awhile. I'm attempting to rewrite the first chapter of my second book so that I can share it with my agent, and it's slow going -- I can write, edit and polish the middle/end pretty quickly, but it's a struggle to figure out exactly what belongs in the first chapter, what doesn't, and how the pacing/character development should progress. I'm definitely in a better place because I sat down to work on it, but much remains to be done and I need to get back to frantically taking care of day job stuff.

That's all you get from me tonight - it's time for bed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now that you are on your way to writing for a living, do you have a perfect location you'd like to live to be writing full time (eventually when it goes international, and the series brings in millions).