Sunday, July 12, 2009

you're hot then you're cold

Today was a bit brutal - I basically worked all day. I spent the morning running personal errands, such as buying packing supplies and going over to Adit's to measure my room and check out what kitchen implements he has and what I will want to move with me [example: I need my mixer and my bundt pans for the Olympic Rings Cakes(TM)]. Then, I took care of some more stuff around the apartment before settling in and working on day-job stuff for about six hours, with a brief break to eat a chicken schwarma sandwich from the Moroccan place down the street.

In less than twenty-four hours, I will be on a plane bound for our nation's capital. I still have much to do before I leave for the airport (laundry, packing, errands, more day-job stuff), but I'm getting really excited. It's been such a whirlwind few months, and while I trust that my writing career will continue beyond this week, it's only a week from now that this episode in the saga of my life will be over. This week promises to be very busy, but hopefully very fun -- what with the parties, dinners, workshops, and meetings that I already plan to attend, it is almost like I'm as heavily-scheduled as I am in my "real" job, but at least this stuff is all related to my hopes and dreams.

I would blog more about this topic, but I'm totally exhausted, and I can't sleep in if I'm going to finish everything in time to get on the plane. Goodnight!

No comments: