Monday, August 24, 2009

i know you've been waiting but i've been off making babies

This is a four-minute post. The title has nothing to do with my real life, but I was forced to listen to Gwen Stefani today because my ipod was stolen and I have few cds in my car. My day was marginal; luckily, I was able to find someone to fix my window this afternoon, so I ended up going into work. I did what I needed to get done, they fixed my window around four p.m., and then I got my oil changed. I went to the mall for a bit and browsed around Nordstrom and Crate and Barrel -- it's an indication of just how many possessions I already have that I browsed around at both places and didn't find anything that I needed or even wanted.

After the mall, I picked up Ritu Rani at Stanford and took her to Mountain View, where we had dinner at King of Krung Siam. Then, we picked up Adit and we all went home together, and now I'm going to go to bed; I have to be at work at 7:30 tomorrow morning, which is depressing. Here's hoping that things get better -- I'm in a bit of a funk due to the car, the lingering aftermath of the conference, and the nailbiting wait for news about my book, so I hope that tomorrow brings some good news!

No comments: