Tuesday, August 04, 2009

a stranger with your doorkey

I must go to bed immediately; my flight from Denver to SFO was delayed by over forty minutes, thus making a long night even longer. Worse, the woman next to me was seriously crazy, and her antics (exhibiting swine flu symptoms, attempting to make calls on her cell midflight, using the pouch on the back of her seat as a footrest, etc.) kept me awake and annoyed. But, I read part of a romance novel and successfully mastered my desire to kill her.

Other than that flight, I had a great day. I spent the morning lazing about, packing, and having one last favorite meal (a bologna sandwich, chips, and french onion dip -- yes, I'm from the sticks). Then, the family took me up to Des Moines, where we went to a car dealership, and then had an early supper at an Italian steakhouse near the airport (verdict: delicious!!). We said our tearful goodbyes; I will either see them at Christmas or make another trip home in the meantime, but either way it's too far away. Then, I worked in the airport, on the flight to Denver, and in the Denver airport before throwing in the towel.

Now, though, it's time for sleep -- I must go to work early tomorrow to get ready for the remainder of the week. Happily, I also have social plans this week -- and I really want to get my stuff unpacked, since I now have both Adit and Ritu Rani as roommates. They stayed up for my arrival (although Adit flipped me off through the window and then promptly went to bed), and I'm predicting a month o' fun despite my crushing workload. Goodnight!

No comments: