Saturday, August 15, 2009

we'll do anything when the time's right

I should have been more productive today than I was, but my brain is lightly fried and I just wasn't in the mood to get through as much as I should have. Instead, I slept in, then made the mistake of sitting down in front of the TV with Ritu...where we ended up watching 2+ hours of "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End". I didn't realize how much of the movie was left at the point where we started watching, and despite the fact that I saw it in the theatre and thought it was ridiculous, I still couldn't pull myself away. Then, I met up with Adit and Peder (aka Timmy Timer) at a cafe, where I ate a delicious portobello mushroom sandwich while we discussed startup ideas. I should have worked after that, and I did cross a couple of things off my to-do list, but it was by no means scorching productivity.

I did successfully run a couple of personal errands, putting some empty boxes in storage and picking up a prescription at the pharmacy in my old neighborhood before returning to my apartment. I did a bit more work here, and then threw in the towel for awhile to read part of a romance novel on my Kindle. Adit had dinner plans for the evening that I had no wish to crash, and so I ran over to Safeway, picked up some tomato soup and some bread and cheese, and made myself soup and grilled cheese for dinner. It was stellar -- with the tomato/basil bisque and the sharp cheddar instead of the Kraft singles, it was like a slightly more upscale twist on one of my favorite childhood meals. I also took time to clean out the fridge -- Adit's former roommate apparently had the same concept of food expiration dates as my crazy Gram Holder, since there were multiple things in the fridge that had expired in 2007. But, it's all clean now, which means I'm more likely to buy food since I'm no longer worrying about it spontaneously molding upon arrival in the fridge of doom.

Even though it's only eleven, I think I'm going to go to bed -- my hours have shifted dramatically since moving in with Adit and Ritu, and I could really use the sleep if I'm going to be as productive as possible tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: