Thursday, August 06, 2009

whatever it takes, and how my heart breaks, i will be right here waiting for you

I had a totally ridiculous day. I made it through work, mostly fueled by awful-for-me drinks (both yesterday and today, I had both a bottle of Starbucks mocha frappuccino and a can of Mountain Dew, which is a sign of just how stressed I am). I think some of my team realized I was on the verge of snapping when they saw me strolling around in a Stanford sweatshirt, carrying a can of Mountain Dew in one hand and a hand exerciser in the other. But, I survived. I almost killed someone on the way home -- not a real someone, but more the general idea of killing held some appeal. There was a concert at the amphitheatre across the street from my office building tonight, and so it took me twenty minutes to go half a mile. Then, there were accidents on the freeway, and so it took over an hour to get home, where I had to search for parking for ten minutes. Bleh. At least I got some Philz Coffee and listened to my music full blast with the windows down, which made me feel better.

But, I picked up Ritu and went to Vidya's, where I had the grand intention of getting the rest of my stuff out of her apartment. I failed. Instead, we walked a mile to this restaurant at the top of Nob Hill, where we waited for 45 minutes for a table. It turned out to be worth it -- I had this seafood lasagna that was absolutely perfect, my wine was delicious, and we split a tiramisu and a chocolate ganache dish that were both amazing. Oh, and the company was good too, I guess.

But now I need to wake up in approximately six hours so that I can go to work, be productive, and then get pelted by water balloons in an afternoon activity with my team. Wish me luck -- and wish me more energy, since my social life is suddenly 28-going-on-18 and I'm not sure I can stay awake for it. Goodnight!

No comments: