Thursday, September 03, 2009

all the blue-light reflections that color my mind when i sleep

This is a four-minute post. Today was basically a rinse and repeat of yesterday; I slogged all day, even through lunch, but I left early to take my team out for coffee. I had made the promise to them awhile ago, and finally made good on it today; for fourteen people, I was surprised that the bill was only $35ish. Perhaps because it was 95 degrees in the south bay today, people were more in the mood for iced beverages than hot ones...and a couple of people skipped my largesse to get Slurpees at the 7-11 next door instead, so I won out there.

After Starbucks was over, I went to Philz for coffee and picked up my dry cleaning next door. I had intended to work at the cafe for awhile, but given the aforementioned heat, decided I would die of heatstroke if I drank coffee while sitting outside. So, I came home instead, where I ordered takeout Chinese (verdict: delicious, which is problematic since I always order way too much for delivery and consequently end up eating bad-for-you leftovers for days). It was sweltering in the apartment, so I sat in front of the fan and worked for the past four hours. Now my four minutes (and my stamina) are up, so I'm going to go to bed so that I can recharge and hit it again tomorrow. Goodnight!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i envy your heat
i came back to chicago & it was so chilly i've gotten a cold. sniffs.

~Wamp said...

It upsets me whenever it turns out I had the same thought as dad on something, but now I don't know which is worse... I swear I listened to Mrs. Potter's Lullaby in my truck last night for the first time in months and almost blogged using a lyric from it. The best is "well, there's a piece of Maria in every song that I sing, and the price of a memory is the memory of the sorrow it brings." Good choice in titles though!