Tuesday, September 15, 2009

dying in a den in bombay

I really am not getting enough sleep; I tend to be tired on the drive home, which, combined with the angle of the sun these days around 7pm, is not good for my desire to keep my eyes open. Tomorrow doesn't look much better - I need to be in the office by 7:30, although I think I'll go to the SF office first and then drive down afterwards. Then, I have meetings until 5:30pm, when I will hopefully be able to get out of there and spend some quality time with my writing.

Not that today was all bad; my meetings were good, I feel like I'm accomplishing what I need to be doing at work, and I left around 4:45 (although leaving then makes the commute an hour and fifteen minutes or more, which sort of negates the pleasure of leaving early). However, I decided to make a good move to spare my sanity - via a random search on Craigslist, I totally lucked out and discovered that a garage space in the building across the street from me is open. I emailed the guy, received a reply this afternoon, met up with him tonight to check it out - and promptly rented it. This is great news; while parking in the neighborhood is generally not problematic, it is just often enough to make me dread the prospect of coming home and circling for parking. This also means that I can get home late and not risk having to walk several blocks back to the apartment; walking across the street (particularly in the rainy season) is v. appealing. So, I'm happy, the garage renter is happy, and everything is good!

After that, I did some work to stay caught up for tomorrow, and now that I've wrapped it up, it's time for bed!

1 comment:

~Wamp said...

Any chance you were *lying* in a den in Bombay? I've never known for sure either way, but I liked the reference!