Monday, September 28, 2009

so why don't you slide

This is a four-minute post. John sent me a link today about Danielle Steele's assistant, who was just convicted of embezzling ~$400,000 from her. This is a good cautionary tale, although currently I am the only person who is taking gross advantage of my finances by buying shoes, so I'm not too worried yet.

Work was fine; I hid out for a couple of hours over lunch and got some stuff done, and then left around 5:30. I went to Cafe Borrone, where I spent a couple of hours with my notebook, a sandwich, and a latte. I did a lot of brainstorming over where I want my next book to go, and I feel pretty good about it; the end is a mess and I have a feeling I won't know how it's going to end until I get there, but I'm in a good place with the next third of it. Then, I came home, thought about working, and instead procrastinated while watching part of this PBS/Ken Burns documentary on the National Park System. The segment right now is about how San Francisco took Hetch Hetchy in Yosemite National Park and built a dam to supply water to the city -- fairly ironic, since it now supplies most of San Francisco's water supply and yet there are environmentalists in the city who want to remove the dam and restore Hetch Hetchy. The documentary is good, though; John Muir is an interesting dude with a fabulous beard that photographed well in all the black-and-white photos, which makes me happy.

That's all for now; I need to go to work early tomorrow, and I want to write tomorrow night, so sleep is a necessity. Goodnight!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

I am so saddened that I didnt get a call from you...I love you anyways.lol