Friday, September 11, 2009

this song is not for you

This is a four minute post, if that. I had an incredibly annoying day, capped off by a 1.5hr drive home for no apparent reason. But, I talked to my parents, which took my mind off the drive, and really things aren't that terrible -- I'm just not thrilled with the direction a lot of things took today, so there you have it.

So, when I got home, I made a cup of masala chai (using the spice blend I bought from Samovar -- it turns out that using their ingredients, I can make a homemade chai that tastes exactly like the chais at the cafe), contemplated life while inhaling the blissful aroma of tea and spice, and then did several hours' worth of work. Now, I'm done for the night -- and even though I could theoretically stay up for twenty minutes and ring in my birthday, it's not worth it. Going to bed now will only make me even more excited for my birthday when I wake up to it in the morning! And so, goodnight!

2 comments:

Aunt B said...

You say its your birthday!! Hope you have a great day. It's Friday and you have the entire weekend ahead of you. Yea. I'm guessing you didn't get my card - since I didn't send one. You'll have to collect birthday present in person. Love you.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I could have stayed up another half hour in the central time zone in order to be the first to post a happy birthday wish. I'm surprised your aunt B hasn't beaten me to the punch this morning; hers will probably edge me out as I am writing. 'Tis a beautiful day for bibliophiles in Des Moines; Right to Life book sale at Vet's Auditorium and Planned Parenthood book sale in the 4-H building at the fairgrounds. Some books for speakers published in the 40's and 50's have some great jokes to recycle. Other jokes don't work in this modern age. Saddest books at the sale are multiple copies of Tom Brokaw's "Greatest Generation". Many are inscribed with Christmas or birthday greetings to veterans you just know have now passed on. How long from publication to appearing on the tables at such sales? I'm sure you'll find out! Happy Birthday. Mark