Friday, September 18, 2009

you better run, you better take cover

I spent too much time avoiding work tonight, with the consequence that I just worked from ~9:30 to ~11:45. I was writing peer feedback; you would think that writing would come naturally to me, and it does, but it's hard to write feedback that is useful and clear without making people want to stab themselves in the face for being such abject failures. Luckily I have a reputation for brutal honesty, so hopefully that will make my reviewees/victims feel like they're not alone as recipients of my incisive observations.

Anyway, today wasn't half bad; my meetings were fine, I was able to run a couple of errands after work, and I made it home by seven. I talked to Katie on the way home, which was v. nice; we're trying to nail down a date for me to visit her, which I'm really looking forward to. I also saw Adit, my elusive roommate, for the first time since Monday night; he had spent the last couple of nights down in the south bay, which means I had the apartment to myself. I have it to myself again now, since he left me to wallow in work while he went out on the town; he's also out of town this weekend, so by the time he gets back I will be desperate for some family time. I intend to make good use of my weekend, however, and will hopefully do some v. therapeutic, v. educational reading during my downtime.

Now, though, I should go to bed; I have to make it down to the south bay at some point tomorrow morning, and it will be easier if I get some sleep. Goodnight!

No comments: