Saturday, October 24, 2009

when the lights go down in the city

Katie and I had an absoluely idyllic day. We slept in, sat around and ate muffins and drank coffee, and generally had a lazy morning. Around two pm, we went to the mall, where we spent the afternoon encouraging/enabling each other to buy a myriad of pretty things. I got a cute coat, a gorgeous grey dress, and a pair of sunglasses to feed my insane addiction; we also enjoyed Sephora, had coffee at the Nordstro
cafe, and generally had a gay old time.

We came home and quickly dolled ourselves up, then went to one of Katie's favorite restaurants, where we had a perfect dinner - two glasses of wine each, an escargot appetizer in this amazing garlic sauce, and then scallops for her and beef medallions with truffle and fois gras sauce for me. It was all lovely, and even though we came home to discuss serial killers and the death penalty, it was still the best day I've had in many moons.

Now it's well past my bedtime, and I need to get up tomorrow to have lunch at Laura's. Goodnight!

No comments: