Thursday, October 01, 2009

you can never wrong this right

I'm rapidly approaching 1500 posts on this blog...provided I blog every night, I will hit that milestone in less than two weeks. Think of how many hours and hours I've spent writing in this thing -- better than spending my time doing crack, I suppose, but still somewhat harmful to my overall productivity. However, writing in the blog is now something that I feel compelled to do; I haven't missed a day in months, even if I'm just writing something completely inane, and it now feels like the appropriate close to my day.

I had a decent day today, made a bit strange by the fact that I found out that the big boss whom I shall start working for is now becoming an even bigger boss, which is quite satisfying and also somewhat terrifying. If the role she outlined for me becomes global in scope, rather than Americas-focused, I may be in trouble. I will cross that bridge when I get to it, however; it's what I asked for, and I would rather follow the "may you live in interesting times" curse than play it safe and sit out the next six months on the sidelines. Of course, I also plan to write my book in the next six months, making those interesting times even more "interesting" -- but provided that I can recover some of the willpower that I exerted last fall, I should be good.

After work, I met up for a long-overdue dinner with Vidya (aka Vidius Chandicus, the great and mighty Chandlord). I hadn't seen her since my birthday, which is nearly criminal given that we are now in the same general vicinity. We ate at Fiesta del Mar, which has seen far less of my business since Terry moved away, although it's still my go-to for some of my post-work outings. It was lovely to catch up with her; the key now will be to get her to fully move in up here so that I can see her even more often!

I got home a little after eight, talked to Adit and Priyanka (or, more accurately, was harangued by Adit for my various lifestyle choices), and then worked until now. At this point, I should really go to bed; I have a full day tomorrow, and I want to be awake for it. Goodnight!

No comments: