Tuesday, November 17, 2009

baby it would bury me if you were in the public eye, giving somebody else a try

This is a four-minute post. I just barely made it in time for the 8:30 start of my offsite today, but I succeeded in beating a couple of other people there, so my close call went unnoticed. Unfortunately, we're now starting at 8:15 tomorrow morning, and ending with dinner, which means it's going to be at least a twelve-hour day, which I why I want to wrap this up and go to bed.

Generally, things are going well with the offsite, although I have stuff that I will need to get done surreptitiously tomorrow while I should be paying attention and participating in the discussion. I am extremely eager to go on vacation next week; I'm leaving for Iowa early Sunday morning and will be there almost a full week, which is much needed at this point. However, it's not all work and no play; I made it back to San Francisco tonight in time to have dinner with Alaska Matt and his wife Kia (who should theoretically be Alaska Kia, but as she is the only Kia I know, there is no need for the distinction). We went to a Thai place near Fillmore that served up some delicious curry and pad seeuw, and it was fantastic to see both of them; they've been in Dublin for the past six months (where they successfully avoided the near-deportation that I endured while in Dublin), and so it was v. good to catch up. Now, though, I'm going to go to bed immediately, as I can't survive tomorrow if I don't get eight hours of sleep. Goodnight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The recipe for lick 'um has been procured. Can't wait.