Tuesday, November 03, 2009

i want you to show me how mad is your love

This is a four-minute post. I can't decide whether today was good or not; it definitely ended perfect (more on that in a moment), but the day itself was kind of meh. I worked out of San Francisco today, which was great; the downside is that while my commute is better (fifteen minutes each way door to door via the train that stops half a block away from my apartment), I'm less productive when I'm sitting in a random visitor cube instead of my desk. I don't know why; my desk and office are covered in distractions. But I didn't get nearly enough done today, and so tomorrow and Thursday are going to be unpleasant. Tomorrow would be unpleasant regardless, since I have a 7:30am meeting, but my lack of productivity today will make it worse.

However, I did manage to write about five pages (~1300 words) for NaNoWriMo this morning before work, which was great. I also had lunch with Pete, whom I adore; he seems to be doing well, and had an awesome time on his honeymoon. But the best was definitely dinner -- Jenni, James and I amazed ourselves by actually following through on an alcohol-fueled plan within a month of the original discussion. When we went winetasting for Jenni's birthday, we had quite drunkenly agreed to go to Little Star sometime; but since little Star is one of my favorite restaurants, I had a vested interest in making it happen. So we went tonight; the advantage of going on a Tuesday is that we were seated immediately and didn't have to wait an hour and a half. We had a great time, and the pizza was perfect as always, so I'm quite full and contented.

I should be writing performance reviews, but I had two glasses of wine and need to get up at 5:45 tomorrow, so the performance reviews aren't going to happen. Instead, it's time for bed!

No comments: