Friday, November 06, 2009

i'm a man on a mission, rhyme vigilante

I'm utterly exhausted, and so I'm going to take the lame route and go to bed as soon as I'm done typing this. I had a good day at work; I had a meeting in San Francisco at 11am, and then I drove down to Mountain View to finish out the day. That may have sounded stupid, but my good friend Heather (of Heather and Salim fame) was in town for one day only, and I wanted to have dinner with her.

We ate at Amarin Thai; it's not as good as her favorite place in the city, but the spicy eggplant dish and the yellow curry came pretty close. We continued to catch up over pearl milk tea at Verde, where Heather and anyone else in the entire cafe who could see the tv became completely enthralled with an episode of "America's Funniest Home Videos". Despite that, we had a great time; I'm crossing my fingers that she will move back out here, since that would be totally ideal.

Now, though, I think it's time for me to go to sleep. It's like my brain has shut down. Maybe it's because I didn't get enough sleep last night; or, I burned out a vital part of my creativity circuit and need to let it rest. I had an awesome idea on the way down this morning, so much so that I rather dangerously drove one-handed while I pulled my notebook out of my bag and jotted a few thoughts. I'm going to spend some significant time this weekend brainstorming; as I result, I didn't hit my NaNoWriMo goal for today (didn't even try), but I intend to get back on track tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: