Monday, November 02, 2009

out here the bell don't ring

This is a four-minute post. Today was pretty uneventful at work; I was forty minutes late to my eight a.m. meeting due to traffic, which put me in a rather bad mood all morning. But, I was pretty productive during the day, and so was able to leave at 5:30 p.m. to go to Cafe Borrone and make progress on NaNoWriMo. I didn't hit the 1667 word goal, but I got to 1344, which is pretty good; with yesterday's surplus, I'm still ahead. I'm going to get up tomorrow morning and write from home for a couple of hours before going into the San Francisco office, so hopefully I'll stay on track. I have dinner plans tomorrow night that will hamper my ability to write in the evening (although dinner will be super fun, so that's fine), but I'm trying to be really diligent, and giving up on the third day would not be good.

After Cafe Borrone (where I had a delicious black bean and vegetable soup), I finally bought the groceries that I had tried and failed to buy all weekend, then drove back to the evil city. I should have worked tonight, but I couldn't bring myself to do it; instead, I'm going to go to bed so that I can keep slogging forward with the book. Goodnight!

No comments: