Thursday, November 12, 2009

play that record baby

I don't know why I'm so tired all the time -- maybe I have mono? I got eight hours of sleep last night, and yet my energy level is equivalent to an irradiated sloth. Also, I'm worried that I'm going to get arthritis like my grandmother and end up with twisted, gnarled fingers; my joints are aching constantly when I type, which is quite frustrating.

On that bleak note about my impending old age and death, I shall transition into happier topics. Today was a relatively good day; I made it south in time for my nine a.m. meeting (but didn't get up until seven, which was awesome), got my allergy shots, and was productive all day. I wrapped up around five and spent half an hour reading thirty pages or so of a book for the book club that Vidya's starting; the club met tonight, and so I tried to cram some reading time in before going to the evil city. However, I miscalculated; there was a 49ers game at Candlestick tonight, rendering my commute a complete nightmare, and so I was 45mins late to the book club. As a result, I missed most of the discussion of the book, but did get to eat some tasty crackers with cheddar cheese and fig chutney. I also got to hang out with a bunch of Indians, which is my favorite thing to do; oddly, the only other white girl there was someone who had also lived in Ireland and also basically got deported from there, which is sufficiently hard to do for Americans that we bonded over our twinned fates.

So, that was fun; then I came home and spent the last hour doing the random hodgepodge of things that absolutely had to get done tonight. I have plenty of other things to keep me busy tomorrow, though, so I need to go to bed and try to raise my energy just a little bit. The weekend should be fun, although I need it to be productive too given the stuff going on with the day job + the desire to write my book. I'm going to Vidya's rehousewarming party tomorrow night (where we're conveniently finishing off the alcohol that I mistakenly left in her place), and then I have Saturday lunch plans with Irish Matt and dinner plans with Alaska Matt and his lovely wife Kia (although Alaska Matt has been in Ireland for the past six months, but I have to keep him as Alaska Matt or else things will be too confusing for everyone). I'm also super psyched to read this book that I just got from Amazon - "The Cambridge Companion to British Theatre, 1730-1830". Yes, I am a dork. Goodnight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was not tagged into this post...why swamp, why?