Wednesday, December 02, 2009

do you expect me to talk? - no, mr. bond, i expect you to die

This is a four-minute post. I should have gone to bed ages ago, but even though I stayed home today to nurse my illness, I still ended up working for twelve hours (including a couple of breaks to eat and make chai, of course). Considering my sinus situation, I was amazingly productive; I'm finally unburied from all the email that came in over the past two weeks, and I'm as ready as I'm going to get for a presentation I have to make to my big boss's staff meeting tomorrow.

It's rather weird not having a team anymore; I can't remember if I've mentioned this here, but since I've moved into my new role, the only people I work with regularly are all big bosses, and while I really like them, it's not exactly like we're friends. So the fact that I worked from home today didn't matter at all; my boss was in an offsite anyway (but still managed to call me on her cell at 6pm tonight), and I had absolutely no meetings to attend. I may not have rested today, but at least I didn't have to commute, so I consider that a victory.

I don't really have anything else to report, other than that Twitter finally proved its worth because I won a free book from an author whom I'm following. And now, I should really go to bed; seven hours of sleep isn't enough for a recovering invalid, even if my invalidity has been somewhat exaggerated. I definitely have a cold, but it appears that that is all it is - no H1N1 for me! Four minutes are up - goodnight!

No comments: