Thursday, December 17, 2009

i get around

This is a four-minute post. I'm probably screwed for work tomorrow; I've got a couple of mandatory tests on the advertising product this week (actually, this quarter, and I of course procrastinated and signed up for the last two days), and the first test is tomorrow morning. I meant to study a lot this week, but with all the usual end-of-quarter firedrills going on compounded with the travel plans of everyone and their mother pushing the firedrills to this week instead of the following two weeks, I didn't crack open the study guide until ~3pm today. Even then, I didn't study straight through, with one thing or another getting in the way (although one of the things was good - Terry came over, and she and Natasha and I got free Sprinkles cupcakes from the Sprinkles cupcake truck that was parked outside of my office building - delicious!).

It wouldn't be so bad if I hadn't been at the office at 7:30am, and I didn't leave until 7pm because of traffic. I made it home at eight, did a load of laundry, and settled down to study. Now, I'm throwing in the towel - I'm feeling better than I was, since it turns out that I remember more about the fundamentals of our advertising service than I thought I did, but since I haven't talked to a customer in ages, I'm still worried that I'll pick the wrong words on the multiple-choice questions. We shall see, though. In any event, my night was not nearly as fun as Adit's; he showed up at 9:30, and I did a classic doubletake when I looked over my shoulder to say hi as he walked in, glimpsed a lot of orange over the rims of my glasses, and swiveled around again to examine further and discover that he was indeed wearing an orange prison-style jumpsuit. He had also enjoyed about ten cans of Tecate and various other drinks at his all-day work offsite, so he was in a much better mood than I was. We chatted for a bit while I continued trying to study, and then he ended up going out again, leaving me to my misery.

That's all for now though - wish me luck on the test! Goodnight!

No comments: