Monday, December 21, 2009

i only wish my words could just convince myself that it just wasn't real

Today was an utterly lazy day; I woke up around eleven, hung out upstairs for an hour, spent some quality time finishing my Christmas shopping online, and took a much-needed shower. Then, the family and I played Rail Baron from 2:30 to 6:30, which was long enough for everything to get established and for all the railroads but one to sell. We ended up pausing at 6:30 for supper so that the family could watch the three-hour finale of "Survivor: Samoa", and so we'll have to spend a few hours finishing the game sometime this week.

I didn't watch any "Survivor" this season (not that I usually watch it or any other shows), but the finale was entertaining enough that I felt at least marginally invested and therefore annoyed when the win went to Natalie (who played the 'nice and quiet' strategy to perfection) instead of Russell (who was an obnoxious snake who just happened to find multiple immunity idols without any clues and carry his far-outnumbered alliance all the way to the end). It is an interesting commentary on society that Russell was so popular; Jaison (one of the other contestants) was right that we would normally hate someone like Russell if we worked in the same office, but he made for excellent television.

I meant to go to bed hours ago, but I'm following my usual tradition of staying up way too late while I'm at home, which will jeopardize my plans to get things done tomorrow. So, I need to go to bed right now...goodnight!

No comments: