Sunday, December 06, 2009

i tried one day to let you go

I had a fine day - it was certainly v. relaxing, although I didn't accomplish nearly as much as I intended to. I slept until almost ten, tidied up around the apartment, took my time getting ready, and caught up on the news (dangerous, since I can surf the internet forever). I spent a couple of hours this afternoon at the Samovar in Hayes Valley; this was a bit of a weird choice since I'm going to the Samovar in Yerba Buena for brunch with Shedletsky tomorrow, but I was in the mood for some masala chai and people-watching, and Samovar fit the bill. I was happy with what I got done there, since I wrote several pages of Madeleine's new back-story in my journal. Obviously I need to be writing the actual book at some point v. soon, but this was a useful exercise.

I wandered back to my apartment while stopping off at two stores to look at Christmas cards (didn't find any, but one of the boutiques did end up selling me a dress) and at the grocery store for milk. I ventured out into the cold again in search of sustenance, returning with some delicious takeout sushi. Then, I spent the rest of the night curled up with my Kindle, which was a nice way to end the day.

I must start forcing myself to write even if I feel like it's too hard; this book isn't going to write itself, and I'm having trouble understanding why I can't get going with it when I'm actually v. excited by the premise and the characters. I know that I'm capable of finishing a book because I've done it once already, but for the life of me I can't remember how I did the last one. I need to figure it out, though; time is slipping away and I want nothing more than to have a finished book by the spring. Now is not the time to work on it, though - I'm going to bed, going to have brunch tomorrow, and then going to try to force myself to write if it kills me. Goodnight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sparkling electric blue arrived.