Tuesday, December 15, 2009

i want your love, i don't wanna be friends

Today was incredibly hectic; I tried to get up at 5:30, but I'm using the alarm on my new phone, and instead of hitting snooze, I accidentally turned it off. Luckily, I still got up at six, and I made it into work in time to slog violently until my meeting with the big boss at 11am. Then, I took a brief break to get my allergy shots (not exactly relaxing), before going back to my office and slogging without pause until five p.m. Granted, I was insanely productive, but I'm going to have to have a couple more of those days if I'm going to get through all the stuff on my to-do list before the end of the week.

However, I left at five to have dinner with some of my oldest coworker/friends; our friend Joann is in town for the first time in a year (she transferred to Singapore a year and a half ago), and so Tolu, Jane, Lizzie and I met up with her at this restaurant called Boiling Crab in south San Jose. I will likely never go there again, but only because the trek down there + the drive back to Mountain View just added another ninety minutes or so to my already-long commute. But if I lived closer, and had more crustacean-eating friends, I would definitely go again -- they basically serve bulk shrimp, crawdads, crabs, etc. We ordered three pounds of shrimp, two pounds of dungeness crab (or rather, one crab), a pound of crawdads, a basket of fried shrimp, and a couple of orders of sweet potato fries. They don't give you plates or utensils, instead covering the entire table in disposable tablecloths that you eat off of in lieu of proper dinnerware. And the shrimp and crabs don't come on platters -- they come in a big plastic bag full of seafood and spicy sauce. It was the messiest dinner I've had in a while (they provide each table with a roll of paper towels), but really fun, and it was obviously great to see Joann again after so long.

After dinner, I made the v. long trek back to the evil city, and then spent an hour doing some more work. Adit was here for awhile, and our overlapping time mostly consisted of him ignoring me while I rattled about stuff, but it was nice nonetheless (and I have to get my quality time in now before we both disappear for the holidays). Now, I desperately need to go to sleep; I have a 7:30am meeting tomorrow, which should be illegal. Goodnight!

No comments: