Sunday, December 13, 2009

know that it doesn't hurt me

Today was a pretty good day, despite the endless rain; I woke up at ten, spent a couple of desultory hours with Adit, and then bid him farewell while I continued to play with my various gadgets and devices. I finally showered around 1pm, and eventually drove myself to one of the Samovars, where I spent a couple of v. quality hours thinking about my future over masala chai, scones, and a tea soup (it was delicious - rice, smoked salmon, seaweed, mushrooms, carrots, etc, on which you poured black tea to make the soup). I came home, ventured out again in search of quarters, and then washed my new duvet cover and sheets. I also spent some quality time with my India guidebook, since I'm (fingers crossed) going to be able to go there in February, which would be super fun.

While today was nice, tomorrow needs to be better -- it's my last real day to go Christmas shopping, since I have dinner plans every night next week and leave for Iowa on Friday at midnight. I did spend some time generating ideas for the gifts I have to buy, but I have barely started shopping and there's still much to be done. And on that note, I should take care of myself and go to bed!

No comments: