Saturday, December 12, 2009

you and me could write a bad romance

Today was lovely; I spent way too much of it listening to Lady GaGa's "Bad Romance", including watching the utterly ridiculously amazing video. I wish that I could be that abandoned, that willing to give in to my inner ridiculousness. But I suppose I should just focus on channeling my inner ridiculousness into my writing, since I can't dance for anything and know I will never be a pop starlet, alas.

I spent the day working (when I wasn't watching Lady GaGa, of course), and then hung out with Joy and Gyre at TGIF. After TGIF, I swung past an alcohol store to pick up a bottle of wine, and then went to Borders to buy a <$10 white elephant gift (my contribution: a $9.99 belly dancing kit, replete with a CD, and instruction guide, and two sets of finger cymbals - this is why Borders is going broke). My next stop was my friend Lizzie's; she had a small holiday gathering for several of us who started working together around the same time, although Lizzie and Jane have now moved on to greener pastures. The party was fun; she made some excellent food and displayed it with some quite lovely serving dishes, and we all had a good time catching up. She had this party game called 'The Cube' - a couple of people couldn't play because they'd played before, and you can only play once because it's a psychological game that is supposed to tell you all about your subconscious based on how you answer the questions asked. Mine was pretty right on, except I answered one question with the little ponies from the Jack-in-the-Box "Mini Sirloin Burger" commercial, and that ended up telling me some v. inaccurate things about my marital state.

Anyway, we hung out for awhile, and then I left around eleven and made the quick trip back to the evil city. When I got home, I discovered Adit here for the first time in days; he was watching "Garden State", so I watched the last part of it with him, and now we're watching part of the first "Austin Powers" movie. And on that note, I think I should go to bed; it's not clear what I shall do tomorrow, but writing needs to be part of it. Goodnight!

No comments: