Monday, January 25, 2010

can't take my eyes off of you

I had a reasonably productive Sunday, which was exactly what I needed to have. I spent an hour or two at Atlas Cafe, where I plotted out the major points of my novel over a delicious portobello mushroom sandwich and a latte. Then I came home, wrote a few pages, talked to my parents, and wrote a few more pages while doing some desultory watching of football. I finished reading "A Mercy" for my historical fiction class (verdict: not really a fan, even if she did win a Nobel Prize), did some research on the 1906 earthquake for the story I need to write, cooked some chicken and sweet potato fries, and topped it all off by watching an episode of "Curb Your Enthusiasm" with Adit. Meanwhile, Adit spent over twelve hours straight curled up in a nest on the living room floor, consisting of an air mattress, multiple pillows, and a down comforter (he just said "I don't remember what it's like to stand"). So, a v. lowkey day was had by all.

I have a fairly brutal amount of work to do this week, but since I can work out of the city at least two days this week, I will hopefully be able to get some writing done two. A week from right now, my father will arrive in SF, and we leave for Singapore and India a week from tomorrow! So, I need to keep slogging this week -- wish me luck. Goodnight!

No comments: