Sunday, January 24, 2010

damn it feels good to be a gangsta

I had a reasonably productive, reasonably good day; I likely won't hit my twenty-page goal for the weekend because I'm going to have to work on a short story for my writing class sometime tomorrow, but I'm making progress. I woke up sometime after ten, did some dishes, took a shower, and pulled myself together despite my slight wine hangover. I inadvertently ended up watching "Shrek"; Adit had turned it on for some reason, and the love story sucked me. But, as soon as the movie was over, I dragged myself out of the apartment and walked over to Samovar, where I wrote for a couple of hours over quiche and masala chai. I walked home and did some errands on the way, stopping in at the bookstore that Vidya recommended yesterday, where I bought an interesting-looking book on the abolition movement in Britain (which I'm curious about, since one of Amelia's brothers may be a pirate-slash-abolitionist). I also bought some paper at Flax, and then I bought a Singapore guidebook at the travel bookstore on Market before coming home.

I spent the rest of the evening alternating between writing and procrastinating, but I wrote enough to feel satisfied with the evening. So, when Adit came home unexpectedly early from dinner and turned on the television, I decided to stop writing and watch 'Office Space'. It's maybe not the right movie to watch if I want to feel better about being employed, but it's quite entertaining regardless.

Now, though, I want to go to sleep so that I can get up and write like a madwoman tomorrow. I told my agent I would finish my next book by June, which is going to be a hard and painful slog, but I would like to get it out to publishers before the next romance convention in July, so slog I must. Goodnight!

No comments: