Friday, January 29, 2010

don't go sharing your devotion, lay all your love on me

Today was a hard and brutal slog; I finally sat down and did the task that I have been avoiding, which was making a master spreadsheet of all the tasks that I need to either accomplish or delegate to pull off this conference that I'm planning at the end of February. As expected, the list was devastating in its breadth, depth, and overall disaster level -- but at least now I have it all out there, can put deadlines down, and figure out what I'm delegating to whom. Yay, I guess.

I had a meeting with the big boss to cover all of this, did another couple of hours of work (after a brief rejuvenating run to Starbucks), talked to my parents, and then left around seven to go to Cafe Borrone. I'm trying to force myself to write regularly, and that means writing even on days like this when I would have rather curled up in a ball on the couch. So, I managed to write a couple of pages while eating my favorite gouda and turkey on focaccia sandwich, and I still made it home by nine. Then, I did curl up on the couch, watching the first hour of 'Pulp Fiction' with Adit before he went out on the town, and then watching the new 'Project Runway'. Now, I suppose I should go to bed -- tomorrow's my last day in the office before my trip, and so I need to get a lot done tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: