Friday, January 08, 2010

fever and ague

So this tetanus shot has completely messed me up. I had trouble sleeping last night because I woke up at three a.m. feeling nauseated and chilled; I absolutely had to go to work because the big boss has an important meeting tomorrow that I'm helping her to prep for, but I really wasn't cut out for it. I've discovered that I can work through the fever cycles but not through the chill cycles; after my morning meetings, I spent the morning wearing two sweatshirts and a blanket and shivering in my office. Around noon it switched to a fever, and so I got through the most critical pieces that I needed to finish before meeting with the big boss; after that meeting, Adit picked me up and we drove back to the city of sin.

I needed to work tonight, but I felt chills coming on, so I tried to take a nap -- but ended up shivering so hard that I couldn't sleep. When the chills started to subside, I got up, watched the rest of the Texas/Alabama game while eating enchilada and drinking tea to warm myself up, and then did work for a couple of hours. I would have been done half an hour ago, but I had a nice conversation with a friend of Vidya's who is applying to my workplace and wanted my oh-so-wise insight, so I took time out for that. Now, though, I need to sleep; hopefully this stupid fever/chill cycle will go away tomorrow.

Oh, and we had an earthquake here today; I felt it, but at 4.2 it was just fun rather than dreadful. So between earthquakes, fever and chills this was a v. weird day; hopefully tomorrow will return to standard format! Goodnight!

No comments: