Saturday, January 09, 2010

good morning starshine

The tetanus shot is still wreaking havoc; I spent most of the day sweating, with a two-hour block of chills late this afternoon. However, I survived the chills better today because I remembered that I got a heating pad for Christmas last year, and applying heat directly to my spine kept me from shivering myself to death. I went into work despite all of this because the big boss had a big meeting that I wanted to attend, but I left around two, stopped at Whole Foods to pick up some chicken noodle soup, and spent the rest of the afternoon, evening and night curled up on the couch, alternating between wearing a tshirt and flannel pants or wearing tshirt/sweatshirt/flannel pants/sheepskin slippers/all-encompassing blanket depending on where in the fever/chills cycle.

I shall stop complaining about my health now because it makes me feel even more like an octogenarian (although I just had the awful realization that I officially qualify as 'woman living alone with the cat', if you accept Adit's preposterous claim that some people used to call him 'the cat') -- although I think my complaints aren't entirely ill-justified given that I have a red welt the size of my entire hand on my upper left arm. But, as Adit so kindly pointed out, given my allergic reactions to everything I likely should have been weeded out of the evolutionary genepool long ago, so I will be thankful for what I have.

So in my utter sloth tonight, I watched three episodes of Craig, part of Jeopardy!, and the movie "Sunshine Cleaning" that I wanted to see when it came out last summer. It starred Amy Adams, Emily Blunt, and Alan Arkin, which made me v. excited -- although it ended up being a bit more depressing than I was expecting, and while it was good, it wasn't exactly the sort of trash that I was in the mood to watch. I then proceeded to waste some time on the internet and was getting ready to write this post and go to bed when Adit and Priyanke showed up with their friend Johanna in tow. We ended up talking for a couple of hours, which was fun (lots about robber barons, gypsies, skin cancer, and midgets), and so now it's time for bed. Hopefully I will be better able to sleep tonight...we shall see. Goodnight!

No comments: