Tuesday, January 05, 2010

i'll love you with all the madness in my soul

I had an excellent day today; I was equal parts productive and social, and it all worked out quite well. I went into the office around 9:30, slogged violently until 4pm (with a break around 11:30 to talk to Heather, aka dear respected madam), and then had a long, productive meeting with the big boss that resulted in enough tasks that I will need to slog violently tomorrow and Thursday as well. I then escaped the office at six and wrote for an hour at a nearby Starbucks; the scene was the beginning of when Ferguson discovers Madeleine's secret life, and it all went v. well until I ran out of paper and had to leave. I've decided to try writing long-hand for awhile (with a fountain pen filled with magenta ink, no less), and it's helping me to get back into my novel and is also far more portable than lugging around my work laptop and my writing laptop every day.

I left Starbucks around seven, smug with my accomplishments, and headed back to the evil city. I then quite happily got a call from Walter (aka the Talbotross), who received my Christmas card and decided to reconnect, and so we talked for half an hour or so while I drove home. My battery sadly died and so we had to cut things short, but it was v. nice to hear from him. I then procrastinated for an hour, ate some hummus, and then worked for an hour and a half.

Just as I was wrapping up for the evening, Adit returned from the east coast, bearing luggage and Priyanka. As much as it was good to have the place to myself for a couple of days so that I could successfully strew things all over the house while unpacking, it's v. good to see them, and I'm looking forward to some ridiculous times over the next few weeks. But I cannot have any ridiculous times tonight, as I have to go to bed so that I can make it to Mountain View for my one important eight a.m. meeting of the week. Goodnight!

No comments: